Cats/scratching

Question

I have a male cat who is 2 years old and he is scratching my bedroom wall. Is there anything I can do to stop this without spending allot of money?

Zearka

Answer
Zearka,

You need a device that is more interesting to scratch than your bedroom wall.  I would suggest a tall exercise post which is taller than from the tips of his hind claws to the tips of his front claws fully stretched out! There are usually pretty good deals on these at cat shows.

The exercise post should be very sturdy and covered with closed loop carpet or sisal rope or both. Having additional shelves and/or cubby holes is a plus.  Cats love to perch on these and look out windows, so placing it near a window would be a very good idea.

I am not sure what you mean by a lot of money, but the exercise posts sold by the pet shops are often expensive and not very sturdy nor tall enough.  This is why I suggested visiting a cat show (You can check out www.cfa.org to find a cat show near you.)

Best regards... Norm.

Cats

Norman Auspitz