Cats/9 month cat

Question
Hi, my kitten (9 months) has had enlarged pink nipples for 3 weeks now. She went for a check up the day before I noticed it and the vet didnt mention anything. I had a fecal test done and her round of shots.she had went into her first heat about a week and a half prior to the vet. She has been eating more and her belly feels hard but I dont feel she is pregnant. She is not spayed and lives with her brother and sister. Is there any other reason she could be experiencing this? Also my other female cat and her went into heat at the same time, lsat week my other girl went into heat but my baby I'm worried about hasnt. Any insight would be helpful, thank you.

Answer
Chloe,

My guess is that she is pregnant. However, the nipples will pink up and enlarge when they go into heat.

The brother will probably breed his sisters as they are unspayed.  Also, either of your females could have a=had a season and been bred by the males before you might have noticed.

As it is, approximately 21 days after breeding, the nipples will pink up and become enlarged. This phenomenon only lasts a couple of days and is how we determine the female has probably been bred and taken.

You will just have to keep an eye on her and see how things develop.

My bet is that unless you get them spayed, the females will be having kittens before long.

Best regards... Norm.  

Cats

Norman Auspitz