Cats/Two Kittens from different litters?

Question
Ginger Female
Ginger Female  
We wanted to get 2 kittens but we have fallen in love with 2 that are from different litters. the first one is a ginger female that will be ready at the end of march and the second one is a tabby female and will be ready at the end of april. Is it ok to get two kittens from different litters at different times? Also the ginger kitten is being given away free and has fleas. We dont think she is going to be wormed or fleed before she comes to us will it still be ok to take her? We dont have any other pets.

Answer
Hi well it is OK to get two different kittens from different litters but of course whether or not they get along is another matter. Luckily they are both young so as long as you socialize them properly together things should be fine. you will of course have to make sure your first kitten is free of fleas and worms before the other arrives.

See my site for lots of information about kittens and cat behavior issues for more help

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth