Cats/pregnant cat question

Question
Will my pregnant cat be ok if her stomach got stepped on? She did not scream when it happened but she is hiding and acting different. Will her babies be ok? She is due any day.

Answer
Amber,

It depends on how hard and by whom she was stepped on.  I would take her to the vet tomorrow just to be sure!!!!!!!!  They can ultrasound and pick up baby heartbeats.

Was there any unexpected blood?  Be aware that just before birth, she may have a mucousy/bloody discharge, but this is normal.  Also, there may be hemorrhaging for a couple of days after birth.

The important thing is for you not to panic!

Please let me know how she is.

Concerned, but hopeful regards... Norm.

Cats

Norman Auspitz