Cats/My cat Pooh Ma

Question
my cat pooh ma is ranging from 8-10 years old. she has recently not been eating, or drinking water. she had also been vomiting daily. i took her to the vet for the first time 4 weeks ago. the vet took a blood test and everything came back normal except something in her stomach they described it as a bad stomach ache. so they sent me home with some antibiotics to give to her, i tried to give her the medicine but half the time she would not even open her mouth. i took her back to the vet a week later making it my second visit. they told me that her tooth was loose and that we should schedule to have it removed for the 12th. the 12th came and we took her back, at this point she still wasn't eating nor drinking. the vet ran another blood test and they seen her lungs and kidneys was slightly high and they seen she was dehydrated so they hooked her up to a IV to give her some fluids. she is still at the vet til this day (April, 15,2013) the vet called today to tell me that her kidneys had inflammation and that they were going to put her on a steroid and see how she did in the morning. they say if she doesn't respond then i will have to make a decision on what i want to do. please tell me your second opinion and if there's anything else i can do to make my pooh ma feel better.

Answer
Deisha,

I am not a vet, but the biggest killer of cats are kidney and liver problems. At age 8-10 years of age, she is border line geriatric and could be having kidney issues.

The problem you run into kidneys is that, by the time the kidney numbers are elevated, the kidneys are usually 70% gone.

I am sorry I cannot be of more help, but for a second opinion, you need to contact another veterinarian.

Concerned regards... Norm.

Cats

Norman Auspitz