Cats/Newborn kittens

Question
My cat just had 6 kittens this morning, April 10, 3013, between 1:30 and 6:30 am. I was wondering do they go to the bathroom as newborns. ive been reading online that they need a litterbox once they start eating solid food. What do they do in the mean time? do i need to lay newspaper down, what do i do?

Answer
Brandy,

Congratulations!!!!!!

Until they are on solid food, mama potties them, so she takes care if the problem.  Once they are on solid food, you need to make sure they have kitten sized litter pans and, initially, put some of mama's used litter in to give them the idea where they are supposed to go.

Once they are begriming the weaning process, it is a good idea to put them in their litter pans after meals, to help them get the right idea. Once they are big enough, they can graduate to the normal litter pans that you use.

Please let me know how they are doing or whether you will need to know about weaning.

Congratulatory regards... Norm  

Cats

Norman Auspitz