Cats/Cat behavior of stray cat BUT I have a cat

Question
I have an approx. 8 yr. old female  sterilized cat that mostly stays outdoor (live in the tropics) but feeds in my house& also comes inside. She is our pet & we love her but she likes to roam around & no neighbor  has expressed inconveniance, she will not stay inside the house all the time . Apprx. 3 months ago another cat began begging for food around our property & unfortunately we gave him some food. This cat became very agressive with our cat. We suspended giving him food, but he STILL hangs around trying to get inside to eat our cats food. He confronts her and have had almost deadly fights. My 8 yr. old cat has become extremely nervous and when eating looks around nervously. How can I GET RID of the intruder without harming my cat! I can'nt have another cat?

Answer
Martha,

Cats will do what cats will do! Except for making her an indoor only cat, you have no control over the situation. Cats have long memories and the interloper will try to get more out of you forever!!!!!!!  You can always try feeding your eight year old in an interior room where there are no windows.

You might try catching this male and getting him tested, inoculated, neutered and released, which may calm things down a bit.

I have no other suggestions.

Best regards... Norm.

Cats

Norman Auspitz