Cats/Cat

Question
My sister said if I feed my cat too many treats he will get heartburn and die. Does that really happen?

Answer
Owly,

Like any mammal, human, cat, or dog, the cat needs a balanced diet to thrive.  A diet of only cat treats will probably result in death. Whether cats get heartburn or not is an interesting question as they cannot tell us!!!!!

I think your sister is playing fast and loose with the facts.  One should feed cat treats as a reward for good behavior, but not as a steady diet.  With nutrition, all things in moderation is a reasonable maxim.  Also, cats are obligate carnivores, so they MUST get their protein from animal sources,

Best regards... Norm.  

Cats

Norman Auspitz