Cats/My Cat Has CRF

Question
Hi Ali

I want to thank you very much for the very informative article you have written.I so truly wished I had seen this article a few years back or more.My poor Couey who is 12 years old not only has been diagnosed with CRF but possibly other organ problems as well..plus he needs dental work. So his chances of survival are really slim.I unfortuneately do not have the 5 or 6 hundred dollars to get him even started.A loan would be just awesome right now to get him started or a organization that could help I live in Maple Ridge BC Canada and am willing to take him to Vancouver Bc for treatment if possible.I pray you might be able to help in some way.   Yours sincerley Margaret

Answer
Margaret,

I have an important question to ask - do you have a good relationship with your family vet? If you've been a client there for a period of time they may be willing to accept post dated cheques to cover Couey's treatment. As far as I can see there aren't any charities that specifically offer financial assistance with veterinary care in BC. Perhaps another option would be to hold a fundraiser online to help with Couey's medical expenses... Many people have been successful raising funds for vet care by using social media such as Facebook. I'm really at a loss to offer suggestions beyond taking the time to talk with your vet (particularly if you are a longstanding client) and seeing whether or not the clinic would be able to arrange a payment plan with you or asking friends and family to help. My heart goes out to you, I know how challenging it can be to balance a CRF kitty's medical needs.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me again at any time - I'm more than happy to help in any way that I can.

Kind regards,

Ali

Cats

Ali