Cats/introducing a new cat to the household

we are currently trying to introduce an almost 2 year old male outside cat to our inside household and we have 3 inside cats already (10 year old female , 5 year old male , 6 month year old male) the 6 month year old male kitten is find with the 2 year old because they are father & son and the 10 year old female doesn't mind the 2 year old at all but our 5 year old male wants to be a butthole and try to cause a fight and, any suggestions on making the butthole 5 year to chill out and stop trying to start a fight?

i know it will be probably just take some time for them to get along

yes it will take some time but there are a few things you can do to make things a little easier for all of them. Please see my page on ho to introduce cats to each other here

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.