Cats/Cat afterbirth urgency help!?

My cat gave birth 28hours ago to 3 kittens , she seems to be fine eating and drinking a little however she haven't used her litter box since and I think her tummy is a little too rough though I am not sure and she meows a lot more often than always and also I saw her panting 2-3 times today for a few seconds each time and was breathing heavier than the usual but she calmed down. But I booked an appointment with the vet just to make sure she's fine but they're saying to bring her in with her 3 kittens in one crate but I'm very worried about carrying 2 day old kittens in the car, isn't it too dangerous for them? Or shall I leave them at home and take her alone? Will they be fine alone for 2-3 hours max? Or is it fine to carry them on the car ride ? Did anyone have similar experience where they had to take the queen to vet on the third day? Please let me know if you did!

The vet is absolutely correct, the babies should be transported with their mom at this early stage. They are MUCH too young to be left on their own even for short periods of time. Provided that you have a carrier that will allow mom to lay down comfortably on her side and the babies to nurse from her while stretched out as normal everyone will be happy and comfortable. I have had to transport a mom and her 24 hour old kitten to the vet before, so this is a similar situation. Hopefully all is well with mom, but it's best to have her checked by the vet so you are doing the right thing for her and the kittens.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me again at any time, I'm more than happy to help in any way that I can.

Kind regards,

I am the proud guardian of 5 mixed breed cats ranging from 12 weeks to 13 years old and one purebred ragdoll. I have 20+ years experience working with mixed breed cats from a variety of different situations. I have fostered cats/kittens with special needs/behavioral issues. I have rescued/rehabilitated/re-homed a variety of stray/abused cats. I can offer advice on managing feral cat colonies, rehabilitating strays and finding them forever homes. I can help you to determine whether a cat is stray or feral, there IS a significant difference. Improperly introducing a new cat/kitten can result in aggression between newly introduced cats because cats are territorial by nature and they don't like sudden changes in their environment. To learn more about a peaceful way to introduce a new cat into a home with other cats please check out my previous answers on this subject. Proper nutrition for cats can be confusing, I recommend checking out which was created by a veterinarian (Dr. Lisa Pierson) who takes a common sense approach to explaining feline nutrition. Cat behavior and instincts are different from those of humans, I can help you understand your cat's needs so that you can meet them adequately and have a balanced, psychologically and physically sound kitty. Cats vary in personality, energy level and intelligence, different approaches may be required to achieve results in terms of training and interaction with your feline companion. An intelligent, high energy cat must be kept busy or they will make their own fun. I am NOT a licensed veterinarian and I can't offer medical advice. If your cat is ill/injured my advice is always the same: get prompt medical treatment provided by a veterinarian. If finances are an issue I will try to find resources in your area that can help with medical costs or make other choices to ensure the welfare of your cat.

I have fostered feral and stray cats, rehabilitated and homed cats that many people recommended euthanasia for. I am willing to make an effort to do the research and ask questions because I care enough to find solutions to behavioral problems rather than giving up. I have an interest in the use of alternative therapies to help provide the best possible care for all cats and I can say in all honesty that I've seen some incredible things happen for some incredible cats and their human caregivers when the right alternative therapeutic modality is used by a qualified veterinarian with expertise and experience in the field.

I've earned my diploma as a veterinary assistant with honors.