Cats/ID my cat... please.

Question
Hello:

Nice site! I'm including a link to a picture of my cat - she's a sweetheart! I rescued her from the street as a kitten - she is now four years old. I know she's a "DSH" but what is her "technical name"? As you can see she has white boots, patches of pure white and black, some tortoise-shell areas, and some orange tabby (one entire leg and half her face).

Is she a "torbie"? Her orange tabby areas look a lot like her brother (who also lives with us). He is all orange tabby (no white). And all hellion!

http://www.atarian-alps.com/+temp/lily.jpg

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Jonathan

Answer
Hi Jonathan,

What an adorable girl she is! To write out her entire color properly, she is a Patched Tabby and White. Patched Tabby is often abbreviated to Torbie, as it seems you know, and Torbie and White is just as acceptable. So, that is her color, and DSH is her breed. Hope that settles it for you!

Best wishes,
Jessica

Cats

Jessica