Cats/ID my cat... please.

Nice site! I'm including a link to a picture of my cat - she's a sweetheart! I rescued her from the street as a kitten - she is now four years old. I know she's a "DSH" but what is her "technical name"? As you can see she has white boots, patches of pure white and black, some tortoise-shell areas, and some orange tabby (one entire leg and half her face).

Is she a "torbie"? Her orange tabby areas look a lot like her brother (who also lives with us). He is all orange tabby (no white). And all hellion!

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Hi Jonathan,

What an adorable girl she is! To write out her entire color properly, she is a Patched Tabby and White. Patched Tabby is often abbreviated to Torbie, as it seems you know, and Torbie and White is just as acceptable. So, that is her color, and DSH is her breed. Hope that settles it for you!

Best wishes,

The areas in which I have gained the most experience are cat health and feral cat management/rescue. I provide supportive care to chronically ill cats, hospice care to terminally ill cats and also am involved in trap-neuter-return efforts. My specialities lie in taming feral cats and in the allopathic treatment of cats with illnesses or special needs. I also have owned Siamese, Himalayans, Abyssinians, Russian Blues, Savannahs, Bengals, Peterbalds, Don Sphynx and Oriental Shorthairs and am well-versed in cat breeds as well as cat behavior and nutrition.

I have 15 years of extensive experience with cats ranging from breeding to medical care. My daily routine consists of caring for cats with diabetes, thyroid disease, kidney failure, feline leukemia, feline AIDS as well as feral cats. I have experience with liver patients, heart patients, feline infectious peritonitis, cancer, recovery from amputation and trauma, congenital deformities and most every disease in between. I have assisted cats giving birth and hand-nursed kittens who were neglected by their mother from 2 days old through weaning.

15 years' hands-on experience. Current nursing student. I've studied the parallels of human and cat anatomy as well as zoonotic disease, so my studies are broadening the depth of my understanding of feline anatomy, physiology and pathology.