My cat has a hard belly...I would like to no how long it is before she has her baby's ?

Hi Ashley,

This can vary very widely. Usually, a cat's belly starts to become very hard around 6 weeks along. Cats are pregnant for 9 weeks on average. So if your cat is 6 weeks, she still would have three weeks to go. But this is all guess work. If your cat's litter is large, she may have longer, and if it's small, she may have shorter. If you know when she was in heat last, this is the best way to calculate her due date. It's 63 days from the last day of her heat.

Best wishes!

The areas in which I have gained the most experience are cat health and feral cat management/rescue. I provide supportive care to chronically ill cats, hospice care to terminally ill cats and also am involved in trap-neuter-return efforts. My specialities lie in taming feral cats and in the allopathic treatment of cats with illnesses or special needs. I also have owned Siamese, Himalayans, Abyssinians, Russian Blues, Savannahs, Bengals, Peterbalds, Don Sphynx and Oriental Shorthairs and am well-versed in cat breeds as well as cat behavior and nutrition.

I have 15 years of extensive experience with cats ranging from breeding to medical care. My daily routine consists of caring for cats with diabetes, thyroid disease, kidney failure, feline leukemia, feline AIDS as well as feral cats. I have experience with liver patients, heart patients, feline infectious peritonitis, cancer, recovery from amputation and trauma, congenital deformities and most every disease in between. I have assisted cats giving birth and hand-nursed kittens who were neglected by their mother from 2 days old through weaning.

15 years' hands-on experience. Current nursing student. I've studied the parallels of human and cat anatomy as well as zoonotic disease, so my studies are broadening the depth of my understanding of feline anatomy, physiology and pathology.