I have recently got a Tom kitten and suddenly I have 2/3 Tom cats hanging around my door step and garden what should I do my kitten is frightened of them

You did not mention how old the kitten was. If he is four months old or more then it is time to have him neutered as this will help to stop other cats coming around. Are you sure he is a tom cat and not a female cat. I ask this as if she is four months or older she may be attracting tom cats already.

m,y advice would be to take the kitten to the vet for a check up. If he is a male cat I have heard that in rare cases they can give off fake female hormone scents which can cause male cat to come a visiting. Your vet will be able to rule out any problems.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.