Cats/Cat Breed

Question
Idgie
Idgie  

Idgie
Idgie  
Hey,
My cat is having kittens (soon hopefully) and I was hoping you could tell me my cats breed, so when people ask me what breed when I ask if they want a kitten (I'm sure to ask only people I trust will care for it) I will be able to tell them, at the moment I haven't a clue. All I know is she's a mix breed, and I have no idea what breed her dam or sire are.

My cat (Idgie) is slightly smaller than medium size (but not small) she is a little small for her age but that is due to suspected maltreatment in her early life. She has short to medium length thick fur. Her coat is black with white socks on her hindlegs white toes on her fore legs, and white beneath her chin reaching to her chest. If you look at her from a distance you can see brown stripes that blend into her fur. She is quite lean (other than her preggo belly) tail is quite long, She has quite hazel eyes (beautiful) Her ears are about average, and her face is also average. (I say average as I've no idea how to explain, they seem like any other cats ears/face to me)

Would this be detailed enough to determine breed or would you need more information?

Answer
Darcy,

Thank you for the pictures.

Idgie is a mixed breed cat.  She is a black domestic medium hair (neither long hair nor short hair). She appears to have medium foreign shorthair body which means she probably has Siamese or Abyssinian or one of the other foreign body type breeds behind her.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards... Norm.

Cats

Norman Auspitz