Cats/cat playing

Question
I have two cats.  One of them needs to get more exercise, and I am trying to be interactive with them.  However, one of the cats is a bit of a bully (nothing violent although she gets smacked by the other occasionally) and the one that needs the exercise would rather just sit and watch than get bullied.  I canít lock them in separate rooms because they will dig under the door.  How do I get her the exercise she needs without a constant fight?

Answer
Beth,

You can exercise then one at a time in separate areas to begin with.  I would exercise the "bully" first.  It is amazing how play therapy can often moderate a feline's attitude.

It may be that after some rigorous exercise, the "bully" may tolerate the other cat more just because some of that excess energy has been burnt off.

Check out:  http://jacksongalaxy.com/category/cat-behavior-and-care/play-therapy/

for some further thoughts on the matter.

Best regards... Norm.

Cats

Norman Auspitz