Cats/cranky older cat

Question
I have 5 cats that are indoor/outdoor cats.  They are all very playful and happy except for my calico female cat named tootsie.
She is approximately 5 years old and is just miserable.  (well happy when she is sleeping in my lap but that's about it)  she hisses instantly at everyone and fights with all the other cats.  She just is starting to act really weird by not wanting to go to the basement for her food/ kitty litter and starting going to the bathroom in weird places.  she sits on the counter and just looks really not happy and kinda "out of it" .  
any advice would be great.

Answer
Melissa,

These are all signs that your cat is sick. Your cat needs to see a veterinarian promptly. Based on the signs you describe if she were mine I would have her in to see the vet immediately.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me again. I'm more than happy to help in any way that I can.

Kind regards,

Ali

Cats

Ali