Cats/death of my fur baby

Question
My cat of 12 years wasn't in the best of health. She had lost some weight in the past 2 months. Her breathing had become labored in the past 3 days. She would hardly eat much anymore. I took her in to the vet and when they went to take her temperature she freaked out and went into cardiac arrest. They couldn't revive her at all. All I'm wanting to know is, I'm hoping she didn't suffer. Please help me understand.

Answer
Hi
I am so sorry for your loss. I know it is hard and I also understand that you want answers.

Unfortunately the situation you describe sounds quite normal. Your cat was old and by the sounds of it was suffering with an underlying condition. the problem it it could have been so many things, from cancer, heart problems, diabetes etc etc the list could go on and on. The fact that she had lost weight and had labored breathing means that she was probably coming to the end of her life anyway.

The fact that she was at the vets when she died meant that they would have done everything they could for her and make sure that it was as comfortable as possible.

Take this time to grieve for your cat, don't feel ashamed of how strong your feelings are. When we lost our little mo both myself and my partner matt cried for weeks.

Best wishes Kate  

Cats

Kate Tilmouth