Cats/Does my cat have worms

Question
My cat is 3 yrs old and lives outdoors. He has always been very healthy until recently. He cannot get enough to eat, has diarrhea, is losing weight and the filmy skin that is at the base of each corner of the eyes is growing up over the eyeballs .. Could this be worms?

Answer
Julia,

Without taking a stool sample to your veterinarian for examination there isn't a way to diagnose worms unless you happen to see them moving around in your cat's feces. Given what you describe I would strongly suggest that your veterinarian examine your cat as soon as possible. The "skin" that you describe growing over your cat's eyes is a third eyelid that protects his eyes from damage. Typically you shouldn't be seeing them over the cat's eyes on any kind of regular basis - when you are seeing the third eyelid it's a good indication that your cat is unwell.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me again at any time - I'm more than happy to help in any way that I can.

Kind regards,

Ali

Cats

Ali