Cats/Dislocated knee cap

Question
Help my 7 month kitty dislocated his knee cap, my vet put in back in place but he also tore his ligaments, I have him in a crate for the next 10 days and on pain medicine. How long does this type of injury take to heal?

Answer
Leigh,

I am not a vet, and we have never had a cat dislocate a kneecap, so I really do not know.  I know that cats bones knit pretty quickly.  So, I would guess that the 10 days is probably the time it will take for things to be healed good enough to be allowed out of the crate.  I would contact the vet for a more exact answer.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Best regards... Norm.

Cats

Norman Auspitz