Cats/tiger cat

Question
my solid gray cat had a litter of six 2 of her kittens have predominantly black stripes with faint gray striping. i assume these two are black tiger cats. however i also have a kitten that is black and gray striped with white chest and chin white around the eyes and an orange spot on top of her head with orange toes. is this a normal cat?

Answer
Marjorie,

The mackerel tabby pattern is dominant and having a tabby pattern at all is dominant and so is the sex linked orange gene and the with white gene, so, if the sire is a red mackerel tabby and white, your litter makes quite a bit of sense coming out of a solid blue.

I hope this makes sense to you, if not, please come back to me and I will go into detail on the genetics.

All you have described above is perfectly normal given what I am surmising the color and pattern of the sire must be.

Best regards... Norm.

Cats

Norman Auspitz