Cats/Bombay at local pound??!

Question
Wide set eyes
Wide set eyes  

Kitten
Kitten  
Hi I have a breed question.  At the local animal control I fell in love with a petite all black 7 month old female cat.  I hope to adopt her.  I thought her appearance is a bit unusual, wide set large protruding eyes and large ears.   I started looking up possible illness (hyperthyroidism?) that could cause this appearance but instead came across pictures of Bombay and Burmese cats with similar facial features.  Is it possible that she could belong to that breed family?  She appears to be very cuddly and sociable as in the breed description.  What do you think?

Answer
Brittany,

Yes she does look very Bombay-like. Many of the pedigreed breeds have gotten loose into the wild over the years, so it would not be surprising to see some of their characteristics pop up in the feral feline population from time to time.

No matter what, she sounds like a treasure worth adopting.

Best regards... Norm.

Cats

Norman Auspitz