Cats/Cat Senses.

Question
Dear Ali

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_senses

Our relative has a Cat which got lost about 5 kilometers far from their house while travelling in a Car near a river bridge. The cat jumped out of the vehicle.

The Cat returned to the House after 8 days of its own.

Is this unbelievable ?. But its is a Fact.

Will you attribute this to Cat's Smell for tracing his master's house ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Prashant,

The current thinking about stories like this is that cats have a sort of built in ability to orient themselves. Almost like a GPS. There are many stories of cats traveling far greater distances than 5 km to make it home.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me again. I'm happy to help in any way that I can.

Kind regards,

Ali

Cats

Ali