Cats/A Raw Beef diet for cats

Thank you for offering to answer my question.  I am feeding my Himalayan, Persian classic and Exotic short hair cats a total diet of raw beef with little fat and no bone.  I'm wondering what kind of supplements, in what propositions should I add to this total diet.  I am currently adding Islandic Pure anchovi oil for Pets... 6 oz/ 10 lbs of raw meet.  Should I add salt.    What kind of antitoxins should I use....if any.  Is this diet adequate for pregnant and nursing moms.  Some of my moms are not producing enough milk for their babies and they are dying.
Thank you for time and effort

We feed raw meat, but not by itself. We add a vitamin/mineral/herb mixture we concoct based on Kitty Bloom VM300+ We add K-Zyme, dry vitamin E, vitamin B-50, bone meal, etc.

Also, I would go to a website:  You can subscribe by sending an e-mail to:

I found this site very, very helpful.

BTW, besides our vitamin/mineral/herb mixture we give a small amount of wet cat food (1 can/4-6 cats) and a couple of Tbsp's of dry food (no wheat, no corn, no soy, no gluten).

For a pregnant/nursing female, I would add more bone meal.

Best regards... Norm.

Norman Auspitz

I can answer most non-veterinary questions about cats. My particular expertise is pedigree cats, breeding and showing. However, I am versed in feline behavior, cat breeds and their characteristics, general feline husbandry, and the like.

I judged for the Canadian Cat Association from 1975 until 1982. I am currently an approved allbreed judge for the Cat Fanciers'' Association (the world''s largets cat registry), and have been judging for them since 1991. I have been breeding pedigreed cats since 1971 and have been exhibiting pedigreed cats in shows since 1970. I obtained my first pedigreed cat in 1970 and have never looked back. In 1971, I obtained my first Abyssinian which has become my primary breed. In addition, I have bred Manx and Persians. Currently, besides the Abyssinians, I am also breeding Maine Coons.

Cat Fanciers'' Association, inc. (CFA) and the Manx, Maine Coon, and Abyssinian breed councils. I am currently Abyssinian breed council secretary.

Cat Fancy Magazine, The Abyssinian Chapter in The Cat Fanciers'' Association Complete Cat Book, and Articles for various editions of The Cat Fanciers'' Association Yearbook

I received a B.S. from Drexel University in 1968, a M.Math from University of Waterloo, in 1970, a Ph.D. from University of Waterloo in 1975, and a MBA from McMaster University in 1980. I received my approved allbreed judging status in the Cat Fanciers'' Association in 1999.

We have produced a number of Cat Fanciers'' Association (CFA) National winning Abyssinian and Maine Coons. We have produced a number of Abyssinian and Maine Coon Distinguished Merit females (an award for a top producing cat), including the first Distinguished Merit Abyssinian in the red (sorrel) color. I am the CFA Abyssinian breed council secretary and belong and/or hold office in a number of cat clubs. I am also a member of the CFA Judges Association.