Cats/feral cat

Question
A worker removed the glass windows in the basement and a feral cat got in before he put in the glass block windows.   I did not know the cat was in the house until the next night.  He got into a space above the window and above the ceiling of the basement bathroom.   When I realized it was there he jumped down and ran through the basement.   I chased it and he got back into the hole above the window.  I finally left the window ajar and closed the bathroom door so he could jump down and get out, which he did.   However, he evidentially sprayed while above the ceiling.   How can I get the smell out?  I can't get above the ceiling as the hole above the window is not that large.  I sprayed evidentially in the opening, but it evidently work.

Answer
Helen,

When cats spray, you usually need a cleaner which is enzyme based to counteract the musk and ammonia in the urine.  These are available from most pet supermarkets. If you did not use one of these cleaners, the odor may linger.  If you do not smell anything after a week or two, you are probably OK.

Best regards... Norm.  

Cats

Norman Auspitz