Cats/feral cat

A worker took out the glass windows in the basement, and before the glass block windows were put in a feral cat got in.  He got above the ceiling in the basement, and evidently sprayed.  I did not know he was there until the next night.  After a scuffle, I left the window ajar, and he evidently left.   I have all the vents in the basement open, but it still smells.  How can I get the smell out?  I can't get above the ceiling.  HELP!!

Its difficult to get rid of the smell if you can't get to the source.

I like to use bicarbonate of soda. It is very good at soaking up smells from the aire. You could sprinkle it around and leave it for a few days before brushing it up.

Hopefully this will help until the odor subsides naturally.
best wishes kate  

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.