Cats/Grooming

Question
Hi!

I have a 10 year old long haired white Balinese cat.  He is totally matted up and I have lost control over it.  I had him shaved less then a year ago and I am embarrassed to call my vet to do it again. Any suggestions?

Answer
Hi don't be embarrassed, these things happen, the most important thing is to help your cat at the moment who could be in a lot of pain. Matts pull at the skin and can cause sores.

Your vet will also be able to advise you on how to stop your cats fur from matting again.  A simple brush every day will do wonders. there are also plenty of products available that will make this job both simple and enjoyable for your cat.

Check out my site and my page about cat grooming for more information.

www.our-happy-cat.com.cat-grooming.html

best wishes Kate  

Cats

Kate Tilmouth