Hi my name is Courtney I just recently got a cat 6 months ago she happens to be pregnant now.I have a2 year old daughter and she loves to play with the cat. She picks her up by her belly and pulls her tail all the time. I was wondering if that can hurt the cat or her kittens? Or cause birth problems?

It is important that the cat doesn't have her belly interfered with too much as yes it vcan harm the kittens inside. That is why it is always recommend that only a vet feel for the kittens.

If you can prevent your daughter from picking her up etc while she is pregnant I think this will help to ensure a healthy pregnancy and kittens.

best wishes kate  

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.