Cats/male cat sprays allover my furniture

I am hoping to get my male cat neutered very soon and am hoping it will help him to stop spraying everywhere in the house.What are my chances of this helping him to stop?  Ihave not been able to get him fixed as yet because I have no money.

it will help a great deal but it can take a month or so before his hormone levels drop so don't expect an immediate result.

Also you will have to totally get rid of any trace of smell of the urine and remember your cat has a great sense of smell so you will have to thoroughly clean all the areas with a solution of bicarbonate of soda, probably several times.

If the problem persists then you will have to consider that your cat may be anxious about something. In which case please check out my website for more information

thank you kate  

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.