Cats/CAT PROBLEM

Question
MY SONS CAT WON'T LEAVE THE XMAS TREE ALONE. IS THERE
A SAFE PRODUCT THAT HE CAN SPRAY ON THE TREE TO KEEP THE
CAT AWAY? WATER SPRAYING HIM DON'T HELP, SEEMS LIKE HE
JUST HAS TO KILL THE TREE. HE'S ABOUT 1 1/2 YEARS OLD. PLEASE HELP.
JERRY

Answer
Hi
yes this is a common problem for lots of people every year. The only thing you can try is to spray the bottom of the tree and the lower branches with some lemon juice diluted in water. Cats don't like the smell of citrus. Also put some thing around the bottom of the tree that will dissuade your cat from walking on it some thing like pine cones as this will look quite nice too.

Apart from that the only other solution is not  to leave your cat alone in the room with the tree.

Hope you have a merry Christmas (and your cat)
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth