Cats/Cant open eye

My cat cant open his eye as he get gunk stuck in his eye. My mum cleans his eye with a wet cotton bud and he can open his eye again but after another day it's back again and he cant open his eye again.

Have you taken the cat to the vet to see if he has an eye infection.
If he doesn't have an infection then it could just be that he is an old cat and sometimes they do get gunky eyes which need regular cleaning.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.