Cats/Cat Slobbering

My cat slobbers when he purrs, he has always done this. When he is happy and content and purring he over salivates I guess and it just drips from his mouth. I have never heard of another cat doing this and I was wondering if there is anyting that can be done to stop it.

my cat does exactly the same and as far as i am aware is perfectly natural. I think it is often associated with older cats and cats that have had a few teeth removed. But i think most cats when they are very happy and purr may dribble. I don't think there is anything that can be done about it.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.