Cats/Cat Slobbering

Question
My cat slobbers when he purrs, he has always done this. When he is happy and content and purring he over salivates I guess and it just drips from his mouth. I have never heard of another cat doing this and I was wondering if there is anyting that can be done to stop it.

Thanks!

Answer
Hi
my cat does exactly the same and as far as i am aware is perfectly natural. I think it is often associated with older cats and cats that have had a few teeth removed. But i think most cats when they are very happy and purr may dribble. I don't think there is anything that can be done about it.

Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth