Cats/Cat introductions

Question
My girlfriend is moving into my house and bringing her cat. I have had a cat for 10 years (very placid) he is more of a house cat and very friendly. Her cat is quite timid and she has had him for 5 years since a kitten. Obviously we would love them to get on but want to know the best way of introducing them to eachother. Her cat will have been on a 2hr car journey down so probably already a bit confused.

Thanks for your advice.

Scott

Answer
Hi
This is a very common problem and if not carried out calmly and slowly it can cause lots of problems. I have written a page about how to introduce cats to each other and have included the link for you at the end of this message. It will take you through the process of how to introduce them so that they become used to each other over a period of time.
I hope all goes well with the move

Kate
/introducing-cats.html

Cats

Kate Tilmouth