Cats/Help! I have two cats

I have two cats one a female and one a male. She has not been spayed. He has been neutered. She is in heat and as he trys to comfort her, she gets aggressive. Do you think they will mate?

I'm guessing that your female cat does not go outside as she is not spayed so she is probably feeling very frustrated and probably cannot understand why the Male cat is not interested in her.
It is unlikely that they will mate as the male cat will have lost his urge for this kind of thing and after all it would be pointless.
If you do not intend to have kittens from your female cat, it would be kinder for her to have her neutered then she will not go through these frustrated periods every few months.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.