Cats/Interstate moving w/ my feral cat

Question
I have an interstate move coming up. It should take 2-3 days of driving (including staying over at hotels). I'm trying to get as much information as possible to relieve or lessen her stress and anxiety as possible. Last time I moved (locally - only 20min ride), as she was caged: she soiled herself, she was foaming in the mouth and cried nonstop. I sprayed her carrier and blanket with Faliway - no interest what so ever, I used anti-anxiety additives in food and/or water- and she just refused to eat her fave food. Is there anything you would suggest I can do to ease the stress and anxiety of the move? Any advice is highly appreciated and welcomed.

Answer
Hi
not an easy problem to solve and i don;t know if you have much time before your move. I have a page on my site about teaching your cat to travel, it covers aspects of getting them used to the car environment etc and if you have some time it may help lessen the strangeness for your cat. Also your vet may be able to administer or advise about sedatives, but personally i would like to avoid those.
Take a look at my page, it may provide some useful tips.
Good Luck and have a safe journey.
Kate
/travel-cat-training.html

Cats

Kate Tilmouth