Cats/Kitten - inappropriate pooping

I've fostered over 200 kittens over the past few years, neutered/spayed and successfully adopted them to qualified homes.  This is the first time I've encountered a problem
with kittens using the litter box.  This had happened twice
this year.  Both were with their own litter, but were the runt of that litter.  The present one uses the box for piddle but poops on the floor.  I feed it and then take it to the box, it piddles, jumps out and poops on the floor.
Never in the same place since I'm using Natures Miracle to
clean up the poop stain/smells.  This kitten seems extremely needy.  I have a guest room where I've taken down
the bed and frame, put the mattress on the floor, taken drawers out of low areas and put in cozy blankets.  The room has many interactive toys and I do not keep more than
7 small kittens at a time in this room.  This is the first
time I've encountered this problem.  Once of the offending
kittens was recently adopted out to a very loving family but still having the same problem.  Now I have another one
with this problem, same story.  Any suggestions ?

wow you sound like a perfect cat carer. So i know you are aware of the many cat behavior problems that can occur for no apparent reason to us but which disturbs some cats more than others. Middening is one such behavior problem. Please see my page re these kinds of problems, there may some advice there that will help clear up the problem,as it were.
It may just be that this kitten is stressed out by being with so many other kittens and feels very insecure.
Hopefully my page will help

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.