Cats/Male cats

The other night my male cat who just turned 1 labor day basically attacked me, he kept biting me (not to draw blood), meowing and when i tried to get up out of my bed (he sleeps with me) he wrapped his paws around my arm and started humping it. I had tried to get him off the bed and he kept coming after me. Is this normal for male cats?

yes i have seen male cats do this before and it can be quite painful if they bite too hard. Is your male cat neutered? If not then it may be a good idea to have him done as it will calm him down in this area.
Also never allow your cat to bite you or play fight with your hand, as this cannot become normal behavior for them and may be a hard habit to break. if he does do it to you, make a loud noise and move away from him immediately and leave the room. Do not shout at him as he will see this as a positive reaction from you.
Hope this has helped ;)

Kate and her partner co-write  a site full of further cat care and cat health topics. As well as being a feline friendly community site for happy cat and a happy owner.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.