Cats/Mother Cat

Question
My daughter had a stray cat give birth to four kittens 2 weeks ago and so with cold weather coming she moved them all into her basement and it has been 24 hours or a little more and the mother has not gone to the bathroom yet.   Is this normal or not?

Answer
Hi
It is difficult to say whether this is normal or not as all cats toilets habits are different. 24 hours is not so long. Just make sure the cat has plenty to drink and does drink as dehydration can cause constipation. If she has not "been" in a day or so it may be worth just getting the vet to give her a quick look over.

She my page regarding cat constipation for more information on the subject.
/cat-constipation.html  

Cats

Kate Tilmouth