Cats/Mother Cat

Question
My cat gave birth to 4 kittens last night and she will not have anything to do with them.  She just had 2 kittens in July and took very good care of them. Have you ever had this problem and what can I do to get mom to take care of her kittens.

Answer
Hi
i have never come across this before, so i cannot say definitely why she is behaving this way. All i would say is that maybe she was not ready to have another litter so soon after the last one. Unfortunately nature does not take into account the cats particular temperament and not all cats are happy to be mothers all the time.
She may come around to them in time if not it will be down to you to bottle feed them etc.
In the long run it would probably be kinder for your cat to have her spayed as soon as you can.

Kate  

Cats

Kate Tilmouth