Cats/Neutered Cat Peeing On Clothes

Hi, I keep my litter box clean for the most part. My cat is around 9 and he is neutered. Has been neutered ever since he was like 1-2 yrs old. He has peed on the dirty clothes twice in the past month. He has never done this before, unless we had him cooped up somewhere and that was obviously our fault. I was wondering, should I be concerned about him and call my vet? My parents are like ya right, he's fine. Or could it just be a behavior problem? Thanks,

this could be a behavior problem as cats use urine as a marking sign and this often happens when something has changed to make them feel insecure so they are trying to make themselves and their environment feel more secure.

Read my page about urine problems and see if anything has changed that could be upsetting your cat.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.