Cats/Odd Cat Behavior

Question
Hi i adopted a kitten from a humane society,where she was bottle fed bcus she was found without her mommy.Well,she is nine months old now and does this weird thing where she will suck on her own nipples and pur really loudly.like if i pet her for a while shell always then sit next to me and start doing it.To tell truth its kinda grose.hehe.alright.thanks for ur help.

ps.shes neutured

Answer
Hi
how strange i must admit i have not come across this before.
You are sure that there is no skin irritation on her tummy? if not it may just be a comfort thing she does and will probably grow out of.
My cat when she washes herself sort of nibbles her belly and makes a sort of snuffle sound but she is only cleaning deep down into her fur.
I would worry to much as long as you are sure that she has no irritation on the skin.

Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth