Cats/Not Tamed Himalayan Cats

I adopted about a month ago two pure bred himalayan cats. They are super
beautiful. But they have a problem, which I just found out. There previous
owner had the Himalayan family, he kept the parents and gave away for
adoption the children, which were four. I toke two of them. I noticed that they
were untamed at all. They scratch most of the time when you go to pet them.
So I called the owner and he mentioned that as his wife and family left the
house and he was also very busy, so no one was there to pet these cats for a
least a year. So can I do anything to tame them and make them natural
affectionate cats.

this is a problem as cats learn about feeling safe and getting used to to people etc in the first seven weeks of their life and in deed the first year of their life needs to be full of contact. I'm sorry to say that over time the cats may become more used to you but there are no guarantees that they will ever become true pets. It is very sad that they were left like that by their breeder.
I have placed two links with further information for you that may help.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.