my 1 year old cat gave birth 3 days ago, the kittens are healthy and ok. she wants to go out , but i am not sure how soon she will come into season after the birth, i want to get her spayed asap, and do not want another litter. is it safe to let her out and when can i get her spayed ?

It is unlikely that your cat will come back into heat so quickly after giving birth however sometimes the cat go into what is know as a false in heat state which will stimulate male cats into trying to mate with her. She will have known of it but could result in some nasty fight injuries.
My suggestion would be not to let her out for a while and telephone your vet to ask how soon she can be spayed. It is better to er on the side of caution in these circumstances.
I hope that helps a little

Kate and her partner co-write  a site full of further cat care and cat health topics. As well as being a feline friendly community site for happy cat and a happy owner.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.