Cats/my cat...

Question
my cat recently had 6 kittens and since then, shes been crapping on my floor
(right next to the litterbox.) why??? and what should i do???

Answer
Hi
not an easy one to explain as there are many causes but basically this kind of behavior occurs when a cat feels very very insecure and feels the need to definitely mark her territory.
The birth of the kittens may have caused it or has there been another cat around. This behavior is called middening and can take a little time to sort out. See my page on this behavior below for more information on how to try and deal with this.

/cat-poo.html
/cat-litter-box.html

Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth