Cats/cat gifts

My cat brings gifts every single night to the foot of my bed - he digs them out of the cat-toy-box and seems to have his favorites - barclay and big bird(from Sesame Street) , a glittery star and most recently a rubberball version of the world...he's brought me barclay often over the yrs (he's 17) but since moving into our new home, he brings gifts every single night...what is he trying to tell me?

It could be that he still feels a little insecure in his new home and is using the toys as a sort of comforter. The toys are familiar to him and night time is usually the time cats may feel most ill at ease.
The reason he is bringing you the toys is because he is looking for some comfort at that time and is trying to get you to play with him.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.