Cats/fleas

Question
we have 4 cats and recently we noticed that they had fleas.
we treated the cats with 4 fleas tablets, bob martin spot on, and vet care spot on, and now have flea collars on, but we are still unable to bring the problem under control please can you advise?

Answer
Hi
you have to treat your home as well as your cats at the same time. If not flea eggs will remain in soft furnishing and carpets and jump back onto your cat later on. They can live dormant for quite some time and this usually why even though you get rid of them on the cats, they can become reinfect later on from the carpets etc.
See my page regarding fleas which will give you some more information
/cat-fleas.html

Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth