we have 4 cats and recently we noticed that they had fleas.
we treated the cats with 4 fleas tablets, bob martin spot on, and vet care spot on, and now have flea collars on, but we are still unable to bring the problem under control please can you advise?

you have to treat your home as well as your cats at the same time. If not flea eggs will remain in soft furnishing and carpets and jump back onto your cat later on. They can live dormant for quite some time and this usually why even though you get rid of them on the cats, they can become reinfect later on from the carpets etc.
See my page regarding fleas which will give you some more information

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.