Cats/introducing two cats

Question
Hi kate.  We made a mistake of introducing a 11 weeks female kitten to our 11 month male kitten.  they are both feeding well.  he keeps attacking her and it appears to be play full cause she goes back for more but it is very violent and we have been separating them.  we separated them during the night.  i understand we should of kept them apart. so how do i continue this safely. we are hoping they will bread when she is a year  we are giving him lots of fuss and put him first  many thanks

Answer
Hi
this is a common problem and it sounds as if you are being very sensible and realistic about the situation. I have written a article on this very subject and i will include the link at the bottom of this page for you.

It may take some time but with a little patience I'm sure they will calm down and get used to each other. the play fighting cat look quite fierce, but as long as the cats aren't crying out in pain or are getting wounded then it is probably their natural way of learning about fighting and hunting.

Kate
/introducing-cats.html
/kitten-care.html

Cats

Kate Tilmouth