Cats/itchy skin

My Cat is a house cat I do let him in the garage everyday for a while. He scratches all the time I comb him for fleas but have not been getting any from him (which he does not like) Is there a product that I can get to put in his food for this a bath is out of the question.We need help.He scrates so much that I find blood.

this sounds like an allergy and the only real way to tell is to take them to the vets I'm  afraid. They will be able to ascertain if if is an allergic reaction or not. They will also be able to give your cat anti histamine drugs and make suggestions to the possible cause. There are no products that can be bought in the shops for allergic reactions i;m afraid.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.