Cats/kitten biting

my 6 month old kitten bites my fiancee and I any chance he gets...Is he teething still?....he 'is gettng his "equipment" takin care of in a week.... will that help any?

Hi, no this is known as aggression play. Your kitten is in the process of learning how to hunt etc. Normally they would learn from their brothers and sisters but without them he is using his seragate family as practice.
When he bites move away from him straight away don't shout as this is a positive reaction to him and leave the room for a few minutes. they have to learn that biting people is not a good thing. Also never play with him using your fingers etc. Always use a prop like a piece of string.

Kate and her partner co-write  a site full of further cat care and cat health topics. As well as being a feline friendly community site for happy cat and a happy owner.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.