Cats/loss of hair

hi my 8 week old kitten has lost some fur around her neck and it looks quite sore and scabby could you tell me what it is please if you know? thanks

it is very difficult for me to diagnose this and it really is something that a vet would need to see.

She may have a skin disorder like eczema or it may be due to a flea allergy or other allergy. If it is sore then it would probably be best to get it checked out soon.

Hope it gets better soon

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.